Music Production Courses at Dream Catcher Music
Instructor: Johnny Chao
Music Production 101
Learning Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)
Week 1 DAW Overview and Basic Navigation
Week 2 Introduction to Midi Sequencing
Week 3 Introduction to Audio Recording
Week 4 Mixing Basics
Music Production 102
Intro To Song Arrangement
Week 1 Song Structure and Drum Programming
Week 2 Drum Programming Part 2 and Bass
Week 3 Acoustic and Electric Guitars
Week 4 Keyboards/Strings/Pad
Music Production 103
Week 1 Audio Editing
Week 2 Vocal Recording/Editing/Tuning
Week 3 Mixing Part 1
Week 4 Mixing Part 2/Intro To Mastering
Music Production 201
All About Plug-Ins
Week 1 Compressor/Limiter Part 1
Week 2 Compressor/Limiter Part 2
Week 3 EQ
Week 4 Reverb
Week 5 Delay
Week 6 Chorus/Flanger/Doubler/Pitch Shifter
Music Production 202
Mixing Workshop (Bring Your Own Song)
Week 1 Pre-Mixing/Intro To Frequency/EQ
Week 2 Compressors
Week 3 Adding Effects/Effect Parameters
Week 4 Automation/Intro To Mastering/Bouncing
1. Each lesson is $65 per hour with the option of adding a 30 minute hands-on lab at $20 per session.
2. Students will be given a detailed outline for each lesson and are encouraged to take additional notes during the lesson.
3. Students are encouraged to bring their own laptops to class and work on their own systems.
4. Students are required to have a system at home that consists of at least a computer running Logic Pro, Pro Tools, or Studio One, an audio interface, and a midi keyboard.
5. At the end of each lesson, students take the session home and continue working on the materials taught in class.